CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

USS Midway in San Diego

Last weekend we went down to Encinitas to see my uncle who is a Dr. in Holistic medicine and Chiropractor. While we were there they had a Farmers Market on Encinitas Blvd. so of course we went to check it out. We had Quivers smoothies which are the best, Kettle corn popcorn (yummy), and the best Hot Dog stand around. The kids of course had huge regular hot dogs, I had a Polish sausage dog and Louis had the Hungarian sausage dog...he had to he's Hungarian. They were amazing and so tasty and juicy...okay I am drooling I have to wipe off my mouth.


After that we went into San Diego to tour the USS Midway Museum. The USS Midway is an Aircraft carrier that was used in WWII all the way to the liberaton of Kuwait in 1991. No other aircraft served longer than the USS Midway. This museum opened to the public in 2004 and by 2007 had over 3 million visitors. It was way awesome. Highly recommended.

So here are a few pictures of our tour in San Diego...





This was the Tomcat Jet, the one from Topgun.

Laying on the beds where the sailors slept like sardines

USS Midway behind him

Encinitas Farmers Market


standing on the deck of the USS Midway

4 comments:

Amanda said...

So fun!! Yummy, now I'm hungry!! Beautiful pictures!

Tera said...

Could you imagine having to actually sleep on that thing? I'd get so clostrophobic (sp?).

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

Everything looks liks so much fun. I have got to get down to your uncle soon!! Gotta love San Diego, always so nice and fun stuff to do!!

Heather Momma said...

We just went to Uncle Gene for Emma and Dad. I love that you made a fun day trip out of it. You guys look like your having fun. Miss YOu.