CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Santa came...and family time at Christmas.


This was our tree the night before Christmas...and then the kids woke up and to their suprise Santa came and they couldn't stop giggling and smiling...and then the wrapping paper was destroyed and all was well :)





Later that evening we went to my moms to enjoy an awesome Roast Dinner and spend time with family. My mom gave each of us kids a very special Christmas gift from the past. You may think okay that's weird but to us these items were very much a part of our life growing up so they hold much meaning. My brother got the old sugar container we used to have at our Diamond bar house growing up...we had it for years. My mom gave my sister a Ladle from a china set that our Great-Grandma gave her and I received a glass casserole dish that my parents received at their wedding and also that we ate out of frequently growing up. Now I can make casserole dishes out of it for my children...


3 comments:

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

Looks like fun. That's kind of a cute idea from your mom, my mom wouldn't even have anything from the past cuz she is always getting rid of stuff and getting new stuff!! THe tree looks awsome, I hated mine this year, Oh well, at least the kids loved all the beautifully wrapped gifts!

Laura said...

Great Christmas gift from your mom to you kids. We'll have to remember that when our kids are older and have kids of their own.

Tera said...

Merry Christmas! I just love how excited kids get on Christmas morning to see what Santa brought. Good times. It is one of those moments where you totally lose yourself in being a parent and it is great!