CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Comparing Apples to Apples

Everyone has to have atleast one family tradition and ours is going to the Oak Glen Apple Orchards in Yucaipa. We have a blast and of course the kids do as well. We go up during apple picking season and also we try to go up in early October to pick our own pumpkins. We get to pick all different kinds of apples and they even let you sample what's out there on the trees so you know what you like best. There is Red Delicious, Gala, Golden Delicious, Spartans, Granny Smith, McIntosh and lots more...there is a petting zoo for the kids and lots of yummy restraunts and an awesome bakery. In October they also have hay rides for the kids. It is mucho fun!
So when picking our apples we literally are comparing apples to apples.



This is the first place we go to (tradition) we get our Apple Butter, Apple Cider, Apple Pumpkin Butter or whatever else looks so yummy that we have to buy it.

My mom and stepdad came and met us up there.

Kaden and Grandma picking apples

Addison picking apples, she had so much fun!

We also had the experience of picking our own rasberries and for me this was the most fun, especially eating them right off the vine. The kids were in love with the rasberries they couldn't get enough. So by the end of this adventure I was in much need of stain remover. They would eat them and of course wipe their hands all over their clothes. I will be in the laundry room if anyone needs me.:)






And the last event that actually happened on the way up to the Apple Orchards was Savannahs 2nd tooth fell out. Well she actually pulled it out. It came out exactly 1 week after her first tooth fell out. I am glad this time she didn't swallow it and we have her tooth to keep(I mean the tooth fairy has her tooth to keep):) She is so excited again and I hope her teeth give the fairy a little break cause her wallet is looking a little empty.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh that is so fun! I have been wanting to go apple picking, so maybe we'll have to make a trip up there soon!

Susan said...

I love this tradition. I was just thinking about apple picking yesterday and trying to figure out when we can go. Glad you had a great time!

kim/ Gramma Stokes said...

hi there! Yes I am the new photographer, they did turn out kinda cool, huh? So thankas for commenting on my blog, did Sarah set up up to it? Your family is so cute! And did Sarah say you were moving? I can't remember.

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

I thought I had already commented because I touched up that pic and..I guess I totally forgot to!! Sorry! So I totally want to go sometime, you guys looks like you have fun every year.

Tera said...

Hi Liz! It was great to hear from you. It is so exciting to see how much your family has grown. What cute kids you have! Love apple and raspberry picking. Family traditions are what it is all about. Your kids will remember those warm feelings always!

Tera