CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Visiting my friend Jodie and the very sad event...

My long time friend Jodie lives in Colorado Springs, CO. She came out to Cali about 1 1/2 weeks ago to visit her family and friends. So I decided to drive out to Hacienda Heights (her parents house) with the kids and have a fun filled day with her and the kids. The kids swam in their spa which is so big the kids consider it a pool, we ate lunch had peanut butter and marshmallow rice crispies and just talked about old times together. It was a blast. Savannah made friends with her daughter Taylor and had such a fun time playing with her asked to go back to her house the very next morning we got home. Kaden and Addie fell in love with Nonnie which is what all the grandkids call Jodies mom and now my kids see her as their nonnie too. Kaden also enjoyed playing trains with Mason, well that's only when Mason decided to take a break from the spa. he was so cute! We were actually having such a good time I kept forgetting to take pictures. And then it happened...





Jodies son Mason who is almost 2 1/2 yrs old fell back into the fireplace. We both rushed over hoping it would only be a bump. I picked him up to help him into Jodies arms and felt something wet on my fingers, thinking it was only water since he was wet from the spa, I looked down to see lots of blood on my hand. I then looked up and poor Mason was covered in blood. Our day then came to a close with a trip to Urgent care and 3 staples in little masons head. We still had a great day and loved visiting with everyone.




I am catching up on a few postings since life has been busy, check out my other posting below...

3 comments:

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

how fun to see old friends, I love catching up with some of my good friends from high school!!! That's so scary about the little boy, good thing it wasn't worse!!!

Jodie said...

Oh my goodness!! Considering the ER drama, it was such a great time. I totally miss you. You are such a great friend, I love you. We found the kid's shoes, in the purple bag that was used for the "airplane ride" I'll mail them off to you. Kisses and hugs to your cute kids from Auntie Jodie!

Susan said...

Wow - amazing how much the head bleeds. Glad it wasn't more serious and that everyone is ok!